Monday 24 October 2011

Odds and Sods

After a mega busy couple of weeks, I'm finally back to craft central!

As is tradition, all of my best laid plans have gone terribly wrong and I have managed to run out of time for Halloween crafting! Halloween is my absolute favourite celebration (my boss described me as a recreational pagan!) and I always go massively overboard on my halloween crafting, decoration, costume, food, the lot! I had meant to make a load of halloween things but have simply not had the time to do it. I have been up to lots of interesting arty/crafty things over the last few weeks though:

1. My momma came to visit for the weekend, and we went to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park to see the Jaume Plensa exhibition AGAIN! I have been to see this at least 4 times now, and I still enjoy it. The massive metal sculptures made up of different lettering are amazing. There were a few new sculpture that I hadn't seen before, and a new exhibition of drawings and animations by Rachel Goodyear that I liked a lot.






2. I did manage to do some Halloween crafting and have made a bunch of felt 'day of the dead' sugar skulls. They will be attached to ribbon for hanging when I manage to grab a moment!


3. The Halloween decorations went up! I tried to keep the madness to one corner of the room, but it has gradually spread out over the whole downstairs of the house. Most of the decorations are from various pound shops (and the now defunct hyper extra value in Newport) . The bat lights are from the current Sainsbury's range for a fiver!



No comments:

Post a Comment